A Rose
A rose, what a beautiful and delicate flower.
This flower comes in a vast array of colors from red to yellow. It blooms in praise to the one who made it; it's Creator, the Lord of Heaven and of earth.
A rose has many layers of soft, beautiful petals and it also has many thorns which prick and can cause serious pain to those who are drawn to it and want to touch it.
How can something so beautiful also cause so much pain?
I have a beautiful bush of magnificent pink roses on our property. I get great joy and pleasure in looking at these flowers. I like to look at the details and different shades of pink in each one. I like the way they look when rain drops are on them. It amazes me how the strength of the rain does not kill them but rather causes them to grow and bloom even more.
I want to be like a rose, I want to bloom in praise to my Creator, the One who made me.
I don't want to be hardened by the storms and thorns of life but rather be made softer by the work of the Holy Spirit.
I don't want to bring pain and heartache to people but rather when they examine and look at my life cause them to give praise to the Lord Almighty for the work of redemption in my life.
Are you a Rose or a thorn?

0 comments:
Post a Comment