Photobucket

September 2, 2010

A Hummingbird

What a beautiful and amazing sight when I walked into our garage and lo and behold to my surprise I saw a hummingbird. It got in there without me realizing it. At first I sat in a daze staring at this sight and then I realized he was frantically trying to find his way out. At that time my stepdaughter came in the garage and I asked her why he won't just fly out the garage door because it was wide open. She said that hummingbirds fly up. I was now getting very worried for him because I knew what lurked below him; our two cats Mocha and Aubbie, and yes; they were lying in wait watching that hummingbird's every move.
I kept trying to show him the way of escape but he couldn't see it.
I am sad to report that beautiful creature never found it's way back home to nature.
Unfortunately, 1 of my cats conquered their quest and the hummingbird was no more.
I was devastated !

Why do I share this story you might ask?

As I pondered the whole process of what happened I began to realize that sometimes we are like that hummingbird. Our focus can sometimes be diverted in one direction. When we don't look in the right direction we can't see the way of escape when the enemy of our soul comes.

~ Remember what God's word tells us:
" Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5 verse 8

Let's make sure our eyes and focus are fixed upon Jesus, the only one who can keep us from being devoured.

0 comments:

Photobucket

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Photobucket

Grab and Share My Button!

Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP